Friday, June 22, 2012

Last One Picked On The DodgeBall Team

Have you ever been the last person picked on a team in gym class? Or your best friend overlooked you as a bridesmaid? OR did your friends "forget" to call you on a Saturday night to go out?

I've been moved to a different department at work because of their "reorganization". Not only did I discover the receptionist there is my PSYCHO ex's mother's best friend. But, I joined a "group" that wasn't willing to accept any new "members." Instead of being the last person picked on the dodge ball team, this team decided to go one man short, because I wasn't welcome on the team. I feel like such an outsider. I've eaten lunch at my desk solo and even eaten in my car! I feel so unwelcome.

I survived this week, as much as I thought I wouldn't. But, I know one thing...I will NEVER, EVER make someone feel the way I've felt this week. I will welcome anyone to my team. I will go above and beyond to make others feel appreciated and liked.

Now that it's Friday, I'm going to put it behind me and start next week fresh and new. I am strong and I don't need others approval to be happy. I create my own happiness. Their loss, right? I am optimistic and will not let others decide my destiny. Although, I've had to write positive quotes and thoughts and post them around my desk to remind me...I know my worth. So, here's to the weekend. I will enjoy it and not give these "mean girls" anymore of my time.

"Never let the odds keep you from pursuing what you know in your heart you were meant to do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment