Monday, March 19, 2012

Patience IS a virtue!

I never really understood that expression. "Patience is a virtue." I think I finally got it. Well, 3/4 understand it. It means having the ability to wait for something without getting angry or upset. 3/4 of me has the ability to wait, but 1/3 of me didn't do it without getting upset or angry.

Just when you think nothing good can happen and no doors will be opening anytime soon...it happens. I gave up a good job to enter into the RAD program. I liked the atmosphere I was in, the people I met, the pay was good, the insurance was good, but in order for me to follow my dreams...I had no other choice but to quit. Quickly I found out, I had made the wrong choice...sort of. I'm glad I tried it and I'm glad I found out it just wasn't something I could do. So, before I decided to "take time off to regroup", I quickly changed majors and hit the job hunting HARD.

According to my Excel spreadsheet, I applied to 253 jobs. I went on 6 interviews and landed none of them. I started to think there was something wrong with me. On an ordinary day, after not applying to any jobs for a week, I got a call. It was for an interview at the very place I have been trying to get on at since I was 19 years old. My major has always been medical. So essentially, I have been trying to get on at the hospital. I knew once I got my foot in the door there, the possibilities were endless.

I couldn't sleep the night before. I honestly did the #1 no-no of interviewing. I psyched myself out. I honestly thought there was no way I'd get the job. Well...I was wrong. (which doesn't happen often as you know, lol). I got the job!!!! I got my foot in the door. Its been 2 weeks and I have met so many great people already and cant wait to see where this leads.

I'm excited. I've worked so hard to get here. I know that this will only bring good to my life and hopefully it will level everything else out. It only took me 8 years to get on there...that is some patience! Now, I wonder how long it will take to get married? At least now I truly do know..."PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE". It doesn't have a time limit, a give up date, and its not a lie. It's very true. Just ask me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment