Tuesday, February 14, 2012

He loves me...he loves me not....he loves me...

Well, its that time of year again. For some reason I've always disliked Valentines Day. Its the time of year where women get disappointed if they don't get engaged, don't get roses delivered to work to show off to their co-workers, if their significant other forgets about it all together. I've always had my string of back luck with this holiday. My last boyfriend actually went to jail on both years we were together for it & I spent the whole day getting him out. (real winner, I know!) I think the reason why I sulk around this day has been because it brings me bad luck or maybe I pretend I don't like it, so I wont be disappointed. I don't know.
Yesterday I was sulking all day because Josh had to work the entire day and didn't get home until after I was in bed. And I knew he had to work all day today..so I basically thought he forgot it was Valentines Day. It's not that I expected some big extravagant present from him. I didn't think a horse & carriage would be outside waiting to whisk me away on a hot romantic date. I just wanted him to remember, ya know? He does things for me everyday to show me he loves me, but I just wanted him to go the extra mile to show me today. I wanted him to just spend some quality time with me. I have been having a rough time lately and I just wanted a "good day". I wanted him to bring me outta my "funk".
After going to bed solo last night, I woke up thinking, "Lets just get this day over with." The bedroom door was shut, so I knew Josh slept on the couch last night, trying not to wake me up when he got home. I opened the door...and there it was... Rose petals covered the hallway, doorway, living room, kitchen..they were everywhere!!
He hung a huge sign up saying, "Happy Valentines Day!".
He got me one single rose..not an ordinary red one. But a multi colored, orange one. He picked it out because he knew orange was my favorite color. I normally tell him, "Don't get me flowers...they'll just die." Hoping that maybe one day he'll do it anyway. That's why he got me just one. He said, "I know roses die, but this rose means..you're the only ONE for me." *heart melts* I mean really!?*
That would have been plenty for me. I was already amazed. But no....he put together an assortment of treats for me. He bought me candy, picked out 4 colors of nail polish I've been wanting(but haven't had the money to spend on it), Breaking Dawn DVD (he knew I had been wanting since it came out!), a candle, UK Valentines Day pajamas, and my favorite season of Grey's Anatomy. Not your ordinary gifts...but it's the meaning behind them that's so great. Best of all...he gets me this card..that talks about how people who have been together a long time can get lost in every day things and forget to say 'i love you' or show their feelings every once in a while, it talks about how sometimes he doesn't always show it or has an unusually way of showing it.... He wrote on the card such a special message pouring out his heart to me.
I didn't get proposed to..(after 5 YEARS none the less), my co-workers didn't get to see an expensive bouquet of roses on my desk, there was no fancy romantic dinner...just the little things. That's all I care about. He does love me. He truly does. He wanted to show me that too. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better man in my life and times like this are the reason we're still together.

No comments:

Post a Comment