Thursday, January 26, 2012

No explanation needed

Day 2 of being on my soap box. :)

I have worked full time since I was 17 years old. I have attained an apartment since I was 17 years old. I have two associates degree, which I obtained by going to school full time while working full time. I am now working on my graduate degree. I don't pretend to be the busiest person on the planet, I just like to work hard.

Granted I had to quit working because I spent 30 hours a week in a classroom, 12 hours in a clinical site that was an hour away, and then every single second after that studying and doing homework. I worked my tail off to get through that semester. It turned out to be something I could no longer do. I don't need to explain why I switched my major. I don't care what anyone thinks about it. I'm not a failure. I'm not a quitter.

I will be going back to work soon after finally finding a great job. I will yet again be working full time and going to school full time in my graduate degree. We're not talking about taking electives or math. Actually HARD classes that involve much more than writing papers. I don't need to explain my new degree to anyone. I'm happy with my decision.

I have a great boyfriend who has been supported me along the way and he would be proud of me if I worked at McDonald's. He loves me for who I am. I have a great group of friends who support me for who I am.

I dont live in a true life fairy tale. I know the difference between right and wrong. I dont pretend to be different because 'its cool'. I dont shove my life, my boyfriend, my world into anyone's face.

I am going to keep on keeping on. I dont know what will happen when I graduate, or next year, or next month..or even tomorrow. But I do know one thing...I'm happy with my boyfriend, my dog, and my time off from work.

WooHoo! I feel better!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment