Friday, December 2, 2011

Insert Creativity Here

Christmas Eve is 21 days away..but who's counting right? Well, Ive been racking my brain on what to get Josh this year..something other than the usual clothes, shoes, games...etc. I wanted to give him something to show him I much I have appreciated all the hard work he's been doing these past few months and all the support he's given to me since school began. I wanted to show him how much I truly cared and wanted to tell him all the things I love about him.

I bought a deck of cards, mailing labels, and binder rings. I used scrapbooking stickers I had around the house. I used all 52 cards and on each card I am writing reasons why I love him.




1. Simple deck of cards. They were .99 at Walmart.
2. To give an additional "old" look to mine, I used a cheese grader to give the cards character. (My hands are all cut up!)

3. After I did this to all 52, (53 included title card) I punched two holes in them and used the binder rings to hold the deck together. Then I put mailing labels on each one so I could write on them. For the title page, I used scrapbooking stickers.



4. Now comes the fun part...coming up with 52 reasons why I love him. :) I have included a few below.
(Notice it says "You make me smile" and its on the "Joker" card. :) Im a genius.)


I think he is really gonna love this. (At least he better, since it took me FOREVER.) He can also keep this forever and anytime he forgets or is down...he can pull this out and look at it. I am so proud at how good it turned out. I still have a few more to come up with, but I still have some time before Christmas. I hope you like this as much as I did!!



No comments:

Post a Comment