Sunday, August 14, 2011

Goodbye Life, Hello Radiography!!

Well, that time has finally arrived. The moment I have been waiting for since I started college. The moment I've been waiting for essentially since my freshman year of high school when I was asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?". (I feel like I should be playing the Rocky song right now.) I am finally going to start school tomorrow in my field of study....Radiography. I have been prepping for the last year. I honestly don't think anyone can be truly prepared to give up their whole life for 2 years, but it's just something that has to happen.

I have to finally put myself first and do what is best for me. I have a good support system of friends and family that have been there for me every step of the way and I have no doubt, they will continue this during my school year.

I know this is going to be one of the most difficult things I have ever tried to do, but if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. I know I will have to sacrifice alot. I will have to give up my social life, my relationship, my friendships, and my family. But I want this B.A.D. I want to become a graduate. I want to help people for a living. I know the end result will make this all worth it.

I have a lot of people who think I can't do this. I had a lot of people that never thought I would even graduate the first time. I had a lot of people that never thought I would even get accepted into the program. I will have so much "proving wrong" to do. I am going to give 100% EVERY DAY and leave it all on the table.

I am excited, but very nervous. But, I know at the end of the day, what doesn't kill me will only make it stronger. I have overcame so many obstacles already, this is just yet another hurdle I will need to jump over. I can do this. I know I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment