Friday, May 6, 2011

The wait is over....I got Accepted!!!!!

After waiting for 1 year, 3 months, 6 days, and 12 hours....I have officially been accepted into the Radiography program at OCTC. (But who's counting, right?) I am on cloud 9. I worked so hard to maintain All A's and B's for my general education courses. I worked 40-60 hours a week PLUS 16-18 hours of school work, just to get to this point. Some people have been waiting YEARS to get accepted into a program. Some people have given up. All the times, I missed vacations, I missed social outings, birthdays, anniversaries, parties, job events....this makes up for it. All the people who said I wouldn't make it this far, all the people who said I would give up...well, here's looking at you!

I know this is only the first step for a LONG 18 months, but I'm excited to see what will happen. I will have to work harder than I have ever had to work before, but I'm willing to do that. I am willing to prove everyone wrong. I am doing this for me!! I owe that to myself.

I want to say thank you to all the people who have made me with me this far. You're kind, encouraging words kept me going, you're bleeding ears helped me get out my frustration, you're presence made me feel less lonely. Thank you very much.

Time to celebrate!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment